Potato Cake from Mila's Restaurant in Hinigaran ~ a novel treat for the taste buds! ♥


We received this delicious gift from my 'BFF' Geordelle and her family early this year and 'sweet-toothed Me' was so delighted! (LOL) ☺



Mila's Potato Cake

It is a two-layered Potato Cake topped with thin butter frosting and slightly-caramelized sugar.


Hmm, there is something about this  Potato Cake  that 'enchants' me.
Maybe it is the crude soft bread texture...?
or the caramel crunch...?
or the bits of potato that satiates one's cravings for carbo...?
Hmm, whatever it is, I AM 'enchanted'! ☺

(*To my 'BFF' Geordelle and family,
Thank you so much for this delicious gift ~ we enjoyed it.
Love you guys!) ♥


Post a Comment

45 Comments

  1. Had that last year and it is really good !! Food morning Sally Garbanzos Estrella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tita Elba Delos Reyes: 'Food Morning' to you, too, my dear Tita ELBs!! Yup, I agree~it IS really good!! (Goodbye, diet?! Sigh! hahaha) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food Morning Tita sal...hehehehe! And you have a blogspot..grabeh! ...ehehheheeheh =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zeus Paypon: 'Food Morning', Anak. It's just a humble blog ah...it's just a 'lingaw-lingaw' thing for a die-hard foodie like me~wherein I try to share my 'food finds' & anything I want to 'emote-emote' on! hahaha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like cheddar??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bryan Lee Sammis: Does it?? :-) Well, eating it will probably shoot up your blood sugar to dangerous levels, if you’re diabetic, heheh, but then, it's really good~it’s a temptation that you’d love to take. (LOL) It’s two layers of potato cake topped with thin butter frosting and slightly caramelized sugar. If eaten without the topping, the potato cake is mildly flavored with bits of potatoes. The topping adds more flavor and texture to the cake. It’s sweet, buttery and the slightly caramelized sugar is crunchy to the bite with the texture of sugar crystals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh!! Hash browns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And sometimes they're used in making potato pancakes!! It might just kill me. But what a way to go!!!!!! HAHAAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i make those too... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bryan Lee Sammis: Haha. You're one funny fellow, buddy! Hmm, maybe we can have Potato Cake made with Splenda for you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marq Herrera: Ay tuod, MARK dear? Wow! So...do you sell?? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try it out or send the idea to Mythbusters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Required purchase when going south of Bacolod. Goodies from Mila's worth trying are their buko pie, bibingka, and bichokoy with cheese

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bryan Lee Sammis: Hahaha. What-the-heck...and why the "Mythbusters", for heaven's sake?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lee Santiago: I agree, my friend! A must~stop indeed when travelling South!! :-) Their Buko Pie, Bibingka, & Bitchokoy are to-die-for as well! (Sigh!) haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. yup i learned it from my mom... infact my Lola pacit is the original here in bacolod... my mum does sell... also super moist brownies and chocolate cake... hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marq: Ay, ka-nice! :-) I can do Brownies & Chocolate Cake~but NOT Potato Cake, hu-hu-hu. (Would your Lola be the one in Eroreco who sells delicious Potato Cake?? I remember wen we were studying in St.Scho.~we used to order our Potato Cake fr that lady in Eroreco!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. At least tyou got a good laugh Sally!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes yes yes ta thats my lola. amo guid na ang orig hehehhhee

    ReplyDelete
  20. ‎Bryan Lee Sammis: I sure did, my friend, I sure did!!!!! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marq: O my god~wat a sm.world guid, esp.for us Foodies! hehehe. So...the lady (I think her name is Mrs.Soliven, if I'm not mistaken, right??) IS your Lola?! Wow! Te, MARQ dear...pwede ka-baking lesson??? Please, please?? How much bi?? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. yup lola pacit... she is the sis of my lola ida escalante dela pena.. hehhehe hmmmm im not sure if lola pacit offers baking lessons dearie..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh My Blood Sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marq: Hmm...int'resting indeed...the plot thickens~joke, heheh. So...she really IS that lady we used to order from, all those delicious Potato Cakes of our youth! (sigh!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. hehhehe yes guid ta... small world guid noh??? hmmmmm its like daw naga crave ko potato cake hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Marq: YOU na lang, dearie~please give me baking lessons, esp.for the Potato Cake, ha?? Please, please?? Por Favor??? (LOL) I'll buy all the ingredients!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  27. hehhehehe... i'll review my potato cake then i'll pm you dearie hehehhee medyo mauti galing ubrahon as in... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  28. or i'll ask mom to make one for us hehhee to eat hehhehehehehee

    ReplyDelete
  29. Marq: Yippee!!! You're giving me HOPE, dearie~and for that, I'll be eternally grateful, my deah (~with matching British accent, nay!) LOL. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  30. heheheh soo cute of you tita sally...mwaaah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. @marq herrera and Sally Garbanzos Estrella
    I'll just wait for your potato cake... and eat it too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. People trust me when I say something good about the food I eat. :) I had a friend from Manila who did a food tour according to what I wrote. Naga text pa kun ano ang kaunon pa gid

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lee Santiago: Have no doubts about that, LEE. When it comes to food, my friend, YOU are certainly an authority! (I especially love your beautiful food write-ups at FOOD magazine)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. May metformin tablets pa man ah.

    ReplyDelete
  35. LEE: Hahaha. Januvia pa guid?! A-Hahaha! Joke!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. hahaha. Januvia gid

    ReplyDelete
  37. Marq: heheh. Just delighted ah..."mababaw ang kaligayahan"?! As In?!! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  38. hehehhe gani man ta basta food ako man hehehhee

    ReplyDelete
  39. Marq: Thanks, MARQ dear. Daw na-Sad ko galing jutay wen you said...nga "medyo mauti galing ubrahon" ang Potato Cake..."as in". hu-hu-hu :-( (Basi mabudlayan ta sang bake sina, MARQ?? Coz if that's the case, ma-Order na lang ta ah! hehehe. Say~does your mom take orders haw?? Or maybe she can 'demonstrate' while baking it, 'no?? Watya think??) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. hehhehe yup mum makes potato cake galing kis-a lang guid hehehhe but i'll ask her... hehehhehe as in ma uti hehehhe esp the hot praline... hehhee

    ReplyDelete
  41. Marq: Okidoki...no hurry ah. If she's got extra time on her hands lang...and more importantly, if she AGREES! heheh. If not, OK lang~let's order na lang fr MILA'S ah..may ari man pick-up point di sa Bacolod! heheh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. korek korek guid ta haaai daw naga crave ko sweets!!! hehhee

    ReplyDelete
  43. Marq: Hehehe. I dunno with you~but all this 'talk' made my sweet tooth suffer, hu-hu-hu...so much so I have just called MILA's and ordered a plate of their famous Buko Pie & some of their delicious Bibingka~for their nxt wk's delivery! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  44. huwawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! i lurve that!!!!
    ta nako daw gin super gutom galore guid ako sa topic ta hehhehee
    OMG daw gin gutom ako hehhehee
    mwah mwah! thanks ta! by the way ta basi free ka ta sa feb 13 opening sang group exhibit namon sa sm.. please do come mwaah!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. You are very welcome, my deah! (~again, that 'fake' British accent? LOL!) :-)
    Granting I am free on that date kag wala galupad-lupad sa kung diin (La Vista Highlands or elsewhere)...I will be there!
    Sure-ness! heheh
    C yah! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Food Morning Bacolod!

© Copyright - Food Morning Bacolod!